Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Egg Omelet Muffin

This turned out to be one of those perfect Saturday morning breakfasts. It was really quite easy and so yummy. These will be a frequent meal for us.


Ingredients:
12 slices bacon
12 eggs
salt and pepper
green onions
bell peppers
mushrooms
tomatoes
cheese

Grease your muffin tins. Fry up your bacon and layer a slice in each muffin tin.

Beat the dozen eggs and distribute uniformly in each muffin tin (I skipped this step and regretted it. Each omelet would definitely taste better not being a chunk of yolk or egg white). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Put the veggies on top, as many or as few as you'd like.

Sprinkle with your desired cheese. I used cheddar and cotija.


Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. These beauties pop out of the tin easily and even the kids loved them.


(This recipe was inspired by a recipe in Going Against the Grain.)

Tastefully,
Tamara 



2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try these in the morning, they sound wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

In my pursuit to getting a cookbook published, I'm trying to develop my credibility as a food writer, and not just an author.