Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Creating a Menu: July 27

I have one main goal in the summertime: Keep cool. The first way I accomplish this is to take my kids swimming in the morning and stay in our wet swimsuits all day. Yes, all day. Believe it or not, even my 80 degree house feels cool when I'm wet.

The next way is to avoid using my kitchen. My kitchen easily becomes the hottest room in the house. It's the farthest from the AC and it's got lots of windows and lots of action. So I try not to cook in it. I do this by grilling a lot, using the crockpot, and make sandwiches.

So this week's menu is:

Monday
Grilled Cornish hens with green beans and cornbread (all on the grill)

Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
vegetable soup (crockpot) with chicken salad pita sandwiches

Thursday
baked beans (crockpot) with Turkey and swiss sandwiches

Friday
Turkey, apple, and brie sandwiches with leftover soup and beans

Saturday
Almond butter, honey, and banana pitas with turkey wild rice soup (crockpot)

Sunday
Turkey-presto wraps with leftover soup

How do you beat the heat?

Tastefully,
Tamara 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

In my pursuit to getting a cookbook published, I'm trying to develop my credibility as a food writer, and not just an author.